Pawdicure Time! Homemade Protectant Paw Balm for Dogs - Amazing Dogs

Latest

Amazing Dogs

Love All Dogs We See

Sep 5, 2017

Pawdicure Time! Homemade Protectant Paw Balm for Dogs



I didn’t realize there were so many dogs out there in need of pawdicures so I thought I would share my natural home remedy ☺️.
Yesterday when I was driving home from Iowa I looked over at my co-pilot stretched out in the passenger seat and couldn’t believe how rough her paws were! They just looked so cracked and sore, they hurt just looking at them. When I got home I whipped up some paw balm to help heal and protect them.
I make our own lip balms and various things at home, so I already had these items on hand but you may need to pick them up.

2 T. olive oil
2 T. coconut oil
1.5 T shea butter
2 T. beeswax (small pellets work best for melting and measuring)
In a microwave safe small container, combine the 4 ingredients.
Heat in 30 second increments, stirring between until melted.

At this point, you can pour the mixture into lip balm tubes if you have them for easy application on the paws, small tins work great as well, or a small Tupperware type container with a lid.
Let it/them cool on the counter until solid.
Cap and label.
Apply to the pads when needed. If they’re really in need of a good paw pamper you will need to reapply as the paws allow more balm to absorb.
Keep away from extreme heat or you can imagine what will happen to it . 
Give your pup a smooch, they and their paws will thank you for this! ☺️

https://www.teamtakehold.com/single-post/2016/08/24/Time-for-a-Pawdicure

No comments:

Post a Comment